Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 4

Today's task was to color in a map of the world based on where you've been, where you want to go and where you don't care to ever travel to.

Green represented countries that you've "been there, done that."
Blue represented countries I want to travel to this year.
Yellow was for countries I want to visit before I die.
Red was for countries I never wanted to visit at all.

For me, the only green country was the United States. And since I don't have a job lined up yet that I can start saving money to use for travelling, I skipped blue.

There were several yellow countries, including the rest of North America, Brazil, Peru, Chile, South Africa, Kenya, Djibouti, Egypt, Madagascar, all the main countries of Europe (UK, France, Spain, etc.), Russia, China, India, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

After I filled in those countries that I know I really want to visit sometime I realized that I needed to tweak the color scheme slightly. There really aren't any countries that I never want to visit, but there are a lot of countries that I'm ambivalent about visiting. So the rest of my map was left white. Maybe I'll get around to visiting them at some point when I can go travel the world. Maybe I won't. Either way, I want to at least set foot on every continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment